Understanding the Latest Asthma Management Guidelines
Join the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) for a webinar on the latest asthma management guidelines from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI).
AAFA’s expert presenters will include:
- John James, MD, board-certified allergist, President of Food Allergy Consulting and Education Services, LLC, and medical specialist for AAFA
- Kenneth Mendez, AAFA’s President and CEO
- Lorene Alba, AE-C, AAFA’s Director of Education
RSVP now to join us for the webinar on Tuesday, May 25, 2021, at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT).
In December 2020, the NHLBI published its first update to the asthma management guidelines in 13 years. The updated guidelines include 19 recommendations in six topic areas based on current studies.
The 2020 Focused Updates to the Asthma Management Guidelines recommend new ways to take asthma medicines and reduce indoor triggers that may change your treatment plan.
This webinar will focus on the following topics:
- Asthma medicines – Using long-term control medicines as needed instead of daily, and single maintenance and reliever therapy (SMART)
- Allergy shots – An option to help control allergic asthma
- Indoor allergen reduction – Using a multi-part strategy to reduce asthma and allergy triggers in the home
The AAFA team will also answer your questions during the webinar. You’ll have a chance to submit your questions during registration.